Saturday, April 28, 2007

A new interest - Wall Tatoos

Since watching Designer Guys use this technique of wall tatoos in one of their episodes on HGTV, I have been obsessing over them. Over the net, large wall tatoos can be purchased but these do not come cheap nor have I found the design I want. So I decided to try to make my own stencil ...for a wall tatoo. I'm not the greatest artist but I am really pleased with my efforts. I used a large piece of Christmas wrapping, free handed the design, cut it with a pen knife and gently afixed it to the wall with painter's tape. I used a small roller to get the paint on the stencil and I just love the results. This tatoo measures 2'x4'.


Another inspiration for my wall tatoo was my visit to the Bay's cosmetics gala event a girlfriend invited me to, when I got a henna tatoo. Its actually fading with all the washing up after each meal.

5 comments:

Livingsword said...

I like the tatoo! Is that the kind of tatoo you would get put on yourself?

Asian Butterfly said...

Thank you for the kind comment Livingsword. Yes, that would be the kind of tatoo I would put on myself but only the temporary kind like the henna tatoo I got just this past Wednesday.

Livingsword said...

Cool henna tatoo... intriguing and not over the top... that would look interesting on a wall... which room would the henna tatoo get "printed" in?

Asian Butterfly said...

I doubt that I will use the henna tatoo on a wall in my home though I sure admire the artistry of the person who created it.

Livingsword said...

I was speaking hypothetically.