Saturday, April 28, 2007

A lunch menu from my kitchen

What an absolutely georgeous day, in beautiful British Columbia. My day started of with a lovely surprise from my hunny, Renovation Man.....doughnuts from Tim Hortons! For most living in Canada, Tim Horton's coffee and doughnuts are a staple in their everyday menu. (www.timhortons.com) Not so for my hunny and I. We try to eat and live healthy so a box of doughnuts is a very rare find in our home...

Lunch came surprisingly too fast. But I had purchased some black pepper pork chops from T&T (a large oriental grocer in the Lower Mainland http://www.tnt-supermarket.com/main-e.php) last night and thought that would be a nice and quick meal with yau choy and egg noodles in an asian sauce. It sure hit the spot. Unfortunately, in my excitement to get to the food, I forgot to take a picture of this yummy lunch.

This is certainly not a typical Canadian nor North American lunch and to some may sound like something one may have for dinner. But in South East Asia (which is where I am from), that meal could be for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I am certainly used to having a hot meal for lunch so although a soup and salad would suffice or even a sandwich, my preference would be a hot meal of some kind.

Tonight's menu is a stir-fried Vietnamese beef noodles with sugar snap peas.

2 comments:

Livingsword said...

Hi Asian Butterfly; looks like your blog is off and running! The lunch sounds very yummy, what would you have to drink with it?

Asian Butterfly said...

Livingsword, you sure ask the most interesting questions. Ones that I would never have thought of! What works best with this meal would be iced Chinese tea. Coke would be good too but the tea would give your palate a nice cleanse after each sip, then your next taste of noodles again would be as good as the first bite!