Saturday, April 28, 2007

Stir-fried Vietnamese beef noodles with sugar snap peas

Tonight's dinner was a hit with my hunny.

700g Thinly sliced tender beef marinated with
1/3c Sweet chili sauce
1/3c Oyster sauce and
1/4c Fish sauce.

Use half of the mixed sauce and set aside remainder for later. Lightly saute the marinated beef and set aside. I used ...

500g Hokkien noodles which I blanched for a few minutes in hot water. Then sauteed
1 sliced medium onion in the same pan with
1-2c sugar snap peas till slightly tender.

Then return the beef to the pan with the noodles and remainder of sauce. Cook till heated through and serve with fried onions as garnish. Ready in minutes.

2 comments:

Livingsword said...

That looks very good! I think that your preparation could make even Ferengi tube grubs taste good.

Caine said...

Thi looks great, I may have to give it a try.

Many thanks to you for your comments on my blog, Edible Perversions. I'm going to link to your blog. Do the same? Also, as you mentioned that you liked some of the template aspects on my site, here's my email address: caine.cunningham@gmail.com

I can show you how I did that, as well as some other interesting things that might help make your blog look a little slicker.

If I do try this recipe I'll let you know how it comes out.

Please revisit my blog from time to time and check it out.

-Caine