Friday, July 6, 2007

Malaysian Curry Laska

You might be able to tell that I have been craving for food from my country of origin, Malaysia. Not too long ago, my mummy sent me a care package with a bunch of food items that I am still not able to get in British Columbia, Canada. In this package she included a single packet of Curry Laska Paste. Below is what it looks like.

I haven't been feeling too well lately and thought this would be a simple fix. If it didn't live up to my standards, I could always get take out! Now, I have made curry laksa on my own from scratch before but I could never recreate it exactly because of the lack of some ingridients though I came close. I couldn't believe it when I tasted this. This is truely authentic! The only thing missing was the cockels to go with the meal. When I write about this paste, it only gives you the paste to cook the curry soup. The rest of the ingredients like the yellow noodles, chicken, tofu etc are fresh ingredients you have to put together yourself. I was so delighted with this. Not only that, it was so easy too! If I remember correctly, I just sauteed some minced garlic and onions, added the paste and water. Bring to boil and then add tofu and coconut milk. Simmer for a minute or 2 and its ready! HAH! It sure transported me back to the hawker stalls in Malaysia.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, can't get better than this. Would be great on a cold day. Sure would love to try it.

Christina said...

You are from Malaysia? :) Interesting. I have tried the Singapore Laksa but I don't think it's for me. But maybe if I tried this version, my mind would change. :)

Livingsword shared the url of your blog and I love visiting it when I want some inspiration.

Keep cooking and keep writing.

rhid said...

I love laksa! I'm from Australia, and when I lived in Sydney I would always go to this one food court there and eat the vegetarian laksa. It was sooo goood. I haven't found anything like it in Seattle yet, but maybe one day...