Sunday, July 1, 2007

Malaysian Mee Rebus

I couldn't believe how close to home this packet sauce tasted. I haven't had this for over 4 years and even when I was back home it was difficult to find a place that made good Mee Rebus.

So I bought this packet mix at Eat-Vancouver. I have seen this before at T&T but never bought it because of the price and also I didn't know if it was any good. At Eat-Vancouver, the price was right and I decided to give a few of their items a try. With this one a success, I can't wait to give the others a try.
This of course is not totally original because of the different condiments I used. But close. I just followed the instructions to a tee (which I don't normally do) and the results were great. I used yellow noodles, boiled egg, pea shoots instead of bean sprouts, fried tofu, cooked shrimp, fish cakes and fried onions to garnish.

No comments: