Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Another Quick-fix!

Hot days call for simple finger food. With all the summer weather, Reno Man and I decided it would be very nice to have our lunch on our deck. I wanted to make egg salad sandwiches but I didn't quite have the right bread or the other items one ususally find in an egg salad sandwich. I did have hot dog buns, cilantro and red onion. So that was what I used. Mashed boiled eggs with finely chopped cilantro, red onion, mayonaise, french's mustard, salt and pepper. I also took out some on the bread from the centers of the hot dog buns and stuffed them with the egg salad. They worked well.

Meanwhile, I had some egg rolls in my little toaster oven. Those were also good. Ofcourse they were store bought (again from Costco). I mixed a sauce of sweet and sour and some Vietnamese hot sauce. Surprisingly enough, it worked well with the egg rolls. Sitting out on the deck with a couple of cokes with this weird combination, seemed to work.

1 comment:

Livingsword said...

Hey Butterfly;
Looks like you have been eating well while we have been in Germany! We have been enjoying a lot of great food and German water, with lots of great mustards, maybe you could write an article comparing the top 10 mustards, and how to use them!