Sunday, June 17, 2007

Sausages & Meatballs

When I made this for bible study pot luck night, I didn't think I would get the requests I did for the recipe. Reno Man did like it so I took a picture of it but it didn't look very appetizing. So I tried it again and here it is, in a slightly more dignified sight and the recipe as well.

1 finely chopped onion
1 bottle of Classico's Sweet Marinara Basil Sauce (I'm not trying to advertise Classico, but I love this sauce. I use it for most of my tomato based sauce recipes.)
3-4 Bavarian smokies (I bought the ones from Costco)
As many as you like meatballs of your choice. I also used the Kirkland ones found at Costco.
1 stick of cinnamon
1 chopped red pepper
1 tbsp italian seasoning
a little sugar
1 small can of tomato paste
2 packets of beef stock powder.

Ok. I think that is it. So first, sautee the onions with the sliced smokies. Get them nicely browned. This might take a while. Use high heat but you have to keep stirring. Once browned, add the chopped pepper and all the seasoning. Stirr well. Then add the bottle of sauce and whatever is left over. This might be a little think, so add some water. Stirr to mix well. Then add heated / thawed meatballs and simmer for 1 hour on med low heat. Stirr occassionally so that the bottom doesn't stick. Add salt and pepper to taste. That's all to it folks! Enjoy!

No comments: