Friday, June 8, 2007

Black Bottom Cup Cakes

I just couldn't resist these mouthwatering sight whose recipe comes from Eleanor's blog. I think hers turned out better or at least hers looks better through lenses. She was the one who directed me to Smitten Kitchen who is hosting the recipe. Really easy recipe and lots of helpful hints. I was really excited to taste them but I found that these need to get quite cool before they really show a good tasting. I did use a piping bag to pipe the filling into the cupcakes. I also made some large and some mini just to see which works better. I've only tried the mini ones and they are yummy... but only after they were well cooled. When they are just fresh out of the oven, they tend to taste a little cheesy, overpowering the chocolate.

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Looks Yummy

Ruth said...

Asian Butterfly,

Do you have any serving suggestions for the Singapore currey we picked up at "Eat Vancouver"? By the way, I remembered that I still owe you for it.

Asian Butterfly said...

Hi Robyn,
I'm sorry for my tardy reply. Its been a couple of busy days. As for the Singaporean curry, I would make it as per the instructions and serve with jasmine rice. If you would like a more balanced meal, make a mixed veg stir fry.

Saute some minced garlic in a tablespoon of oil, add a handful of sliced mushrooms. Then add sliced carrots and fry for a few mins. Then add broccoli, cauliflower and red pepper. Stirfry for a minute and add some of that soya sauce you bought with a little bit of water. You can add a dollop of oyster sauce (that you also prchased that day). Not too much. Just to taste. Then add a tsp or 2 of sugar and continue to fry till veggies are at prefered tenderness or crispness. Serve with your curry and rice. This makes for a very typical meal in Singapore or Malaysia. Let me know how it goes!