Saturday, June 16, 2007

Who's got the best burgers in town?

Our bible study group got together on Friday and for some reason we got to talking about burger joints. According to JW, these were fantastic burgers,massive and very tasty. And I though... ah just my kind of burger. Lots of meat! Funnily enough, Reno Man and I have just discovered FATBURGER. Reno Man really likes the burgers there. I had seen it mentioned on tv's Unwrapped and thought it might be fun to check out. So we did. And since then, we have been there every weekend!

This weekend however, after that discussion with JW at our bible study, we decided to check out VERA'S BURGER SHACK. Because of the caution of its size, we just got the classic Vera's burger. Its a single patty with your usual fixings. I really liked it because you can taste the meat and have the condiments enhance its flavours while Fatburger's tend to get over powered but the bun and condiments. Like I said, I like lots of meat! Made fresh right there on the grill, it was for sure the a better burger than Fatburger. Their fries were hand cut fries, the kind that is great with vinegar! All in all a very satisfying meal. I had actually ordered the lamb burger but they were out. So next time, I am hoping they will have it. It sure sounded good.

Its a bit of a trek from South Surrey to Fraser Heights but I'd do it... would you?

2 comments:

Richard said...

You went us??? What the ..... hmmm well you have to take us "virgins" there sometime.

Livingsword said...

Alas since the Rodeo Drive In shut down surrey is lacking a superbe burger place, besides my Bar BQ that is!