Monday, June 25, 2007

Homemade egg noodles

Another meal with cod and pea shoots. But this time instead of putting everything in a broth, I coated the noodles in black sauce, soya sauce, cooked onion oil, fish sauce and sesamee oil. I poached the fish and cooked the pea shoots and noodles in fish broth. I made noodles as a photo prop for my other blog, VISUAL SPACES. I thought it would make a good meal feature for this food blog.

Homemade egg noodles are really easy to make. Just 1 cup of flour, 1 egg yolk, salt and white ground pepper and a little veg stock powder. I kneaded it together with some water until everything forms into a firm dough.

Once it is well kneaded, I ran it through my pasta press a few times to give it a smoother texture to the noodles before I ran it through the cutter. Then I separate the noodles as best as I can with a little flour and dried it over a large mixing bowl.

Fresh noodles cook very quickly compared to that of the dried kind and it is so much tastier and more tender too. Reno Man and I enjoyed this very much.

No comments: