Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Asian Concoction

Here's one of my own recipes. I often throw a few ingredients together and hope for the best! I used something that is unusual to North America but more common in ... Oriental cooking. I marinated a pork tenderloin that I cut into thin strips with soya sauce, Chinese cooking wine, sesamee oil, a little sugar and 2 tsp of cornflour. I sauteed some minced garlic till golden in some canola oil and added the pork. I cooked it till is was nicely browned. Then I added chopped yau choy and stir till wilted. Then I added preserved green mustard stem in chili oil that have been cut into strips and oil removed. Here's what the preserved green mustard stem in chili oil looks like in a bottle. Then I threw in about 500g of Hokkein noodles. I tossed it till well mixed and heated through. Then I added a little more Chinese cooking wine and soya sauce to taste. Serve hot with sliced chili. My hunny, Renovation Man thought this was a good flavour combo.

1 comment:

Livingsword said...

How hot and flashy is the preserved green mustard stem in chili oil?