Thursday, May 17, 2007

Green Curry Chicken

So how would you say this? Green curry chicken , green chicken curry or chicken green curry? I love making this when my hunny is out of town. One reason is because he doesn't appreciate the taste of the coconut milk with the blend of spices in a green curry. Another reason is that I get to have this all to myself! *grin* Those of you who think this is difficult, its actually very very easy. I use the cheat method! Just buy green curry paste from your oriental grocer or look in the asian isle of your local supermarket. Thai food has become so popular now that it is easy to get most of the ingredients for it.

Most of these instant pastes come with instructions like this one that I used. All you need is 400g chicken, sliced or cubed, 400ml coconut milk and you can add baby aubergine or in my dish, since I do not like aubergine, I used cauliflower and red pepper and Thai basil to garnish. If I remember correctly, you will need to heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pot, add the paste and fry till fragrant (about 1 min). Next add chicken and stirr till well coated and cook till most of the pink is gone. Then add coconut milk and bring to a gentle simmer. Next add vegetables of your choice (zucchini is also a good substitute for aubergine). Cook till desired tenderness . Add 1-2 tbsp of fish sauce if desired but I highly recommend this. Serve with Thai fragrant rice or noodles (pasta would work well too) and garnish with basil.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog. In answer to your question, am I a professional photographer? No, lol. Just a hobby right now.

I love your food blog :-) I've just had a quick look for now but will browse through it later. The meals look wonderful and how lovely to see the finished result. I'm definitely coming back here for inspiration.

Kent said...

Thank you :)

Can you read chinese?

Asian Butterfly said...

No, unfortunately I cannot read Chinese. My parents wanted me to learn since they could not read Chinese and sent me to study it but I was not interested.