Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Baby Shower Cake

This is the first baby shower cake I've made and I am quite pleased with how it turned out. I would have added a little baby's face but due to the lack of time and also I had to make another shower cake that I will post tomorrow.


For some reason, my icing didn't turn out the way I like. There seemed to be alot of air bubbles. Might have been due to the fast whipping of the icing toward the end of the mixing. For this cake, I made a rainbow bits cake. I used to love eating this cake but now, I'm more into the golden cakes and of course the chocolate cakes. Humm... that makes me think of the carrot cake I used to make. I just might have to make that some time soon. The cake is iced with Wilton's classic butter cream icing and the blue morning glory flowers are made of royal icing.

No comments: