Thursday, May 3, 2007

Char Siew Meen

I finally found some time to cook again this week. This is meal is a variation of a traditional hawker stlye noodle found in Malaysia. I used ...
1 portion of fresh shrimp egg noodle (you could probably get this from an oriental grocer)
1 portion of Chinese BBQ pork sliced
1 handful of cut and washed Bak Choy

Bring to boil a pot of water. When boiling, add bak choy and cook till prefered tenderness. Remove and set aside. In the same pot of water, cook the needles till prefered tenderness. Meanwhile, prepare the sauce for the noodles. Mix together,

1 tbsp of cooked onion oil (you can do this yourself by cooking thinly sliced shallots in oil. when the onions turn golden , remove from oil and use it as garnish.)
1 tbsp of think sweet soya sauce
1/2 tbsp of regular soya sauce
1 tsp of fish sauce
1/2 tsp sugar

When noodles are cooked, drain well and addd to the sauce and toss till evenly coated. Plate as seen in the photo above with bak choy and sliced BBQ pork and golden fried shallots. This recipe serves one. Do try it if you are adventureous. Let me know if you have any questions. Sure was yummy to me! Pity my hunny wasn't here to enjoy it with me. This is something I would love to serve my very good friends Chocolate girl and LivingSword.

Check out livingsword's website at http://www.lifeontheblade.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Livingsword said...

Looks great! When do you want us there!!!