Monday, May 14, 2007

Chicken Alfredo

I've been craving something creamy and I instantly thought about Spaghetti Carbonara. But those of you who know how it is made would know it is full of fat! All that bacon and heavy cream, tasty as they are, I thought I'd better make something a little healthier.

Chicken Alfredo isn't too much better but I used half and half instead of heavy cream. Start with boiling water and cooking your pasta. As always, I sauteed a little bit of minced garlic in some evoo. Then I added left over roast chicken from the local deli and strips of back bacon. Then the half and half plus frozen peas. Let this simmer for a few minutes to reduce the sauce. Add some parmesan cheese to the sauce to thicken and add flavour. When your pasta is ready, drain well and add to the sauce and toss till coated with the sauce. Serve immediately with more parmesan cheese and or freshly ground black pepper. It helped curb the craving for now. Hopefully this will carry me till October since I only try to make Speghetti Carbonara for Reno Man's birthday. It is a favourite of his.

3 comments:

Livingsword said...

For frozen peas they look pretty good. You have not made a soup for awhile...

Livingsword said...

Can you eat orchids?

Asian Butterfly said...

Hi LivingSword,
As requested, here's a favourite soup of mine. I do not believe that you can eat orchids or if they even taste good but the Vanilla Orchid is the only one that produces a fruit that we know as the vanilla bean. Check out my other blog http://alovefororchids.blogspot.com I have dedicated an article to your orchid question.