Saturday, May 12, 2007

Vroom.. Vroom...VROOOOOOOOOM!

This is not a food article! I could not resist but I had to write about our fabulous, heart pounding, adrenaline racing day Renovation Man and I had yesterday afternoon. For whatever reason, Reno Man got a call from Jaguar, BC to invite him and a friend to come test drive either the Range Rover or the Jaguar. I was thinking, oh well, just going out for a car ride. I almost didn't make it because we were expecting a delivery at home but our awsome God had a plan! And oh boy! what an exciting fun filled blessing it was for my hunny and I.

Does this picture above look like a snippet from a James Bond movie or a day in the life of the rich and famous? Well, this was very much like the afternoon we had, minus the fancy hair, dress and heels! We arrived at Boundry Bay airport to a huge white tent. Our car was valet parked and we were ushered into the VIP tent that was filled with the latest cars from Land Rover and Jaguar, food and drink. They even had a barrista on hand with some espresso coffee from BOSA foods. Another plus for us since we love espresso.

It wasn't long before we were driven in a Range Rover Sport to a off-roading terrain to experience the car's full capabilities. I can only describe it as a slow motion roller coaster ride. It was exciting and amazing to see what this car could do. At some point it felt like we were going to roll over because we were tilted so far off to the right and we were climbing and descending such steep hills one might think we would loose control, but the car was in its prime element and did nothing but impress us with its capabilities. This was impressive but nothing compared to what we experienced next.

We got to test drive the Jaguar XKR Coupe (left)and Convertible (first image above) out on the main roads. Then on a short circuit track. We had a professional race car driver take Reno Man out first on the track and then Reno Man (actually I think I should give him another name after yesterday) took me out for a spin on the track. Oh my! I kid you not. My heart was thumping so fast and my adrenaline was just racing when we made our first stop. I could not believe what this car was capable of. But there's more! Before I could even catch a breath, our instructor told Reno Man to shift it into sport gear which would give it an even better handling and more speed. O Ho! I think I must have been on the verge of being sick when we got back the second time. I had no idea I married a sports car driver in the hiding! Not only was I impressed by the car but my hunny's slick ability to manouver this car at lightning speed through the red cones that was set up, without coming close to any of them! WOW!!! It felt very much like being one of Bond's special girls. I almost didn't recognise this tall and good looking, shade clad speed monster.

I too managed to test drive the XKR Convertible. Nothing like the speeds my hunny got to but it was sure a sweet ride. Even after that, it took me at least a good half hour before my heart and adrenaline came back to somewhat of a normal state. Even then, I still couldn't get over what we had experienced. What a great opportunity and experience. We are still running on a 'high' from yesterday's event. Check out the interior of the XKR Jag.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Wow I totally can't picture you in the tiny race cars! =P Did you take any pictures??

-Danielle

Asian Butterfly said...

Hi Danielle,
Thanks for your post. We did try to take some pics using Reno Man's phone since I forgot mine but they didn't turn out well at all. Too bad eh?